1/26/09

Detroit Auto Show: Lincoln C Concept


image

Lincoln showed up a new model at the Detroit Auto Show (you’ll hear about that later) and a brand-spankin’ new concept – the Lincoln C. Designed to show off the company’s dedication to a greener future, the car manages to take just about everything I personally love about the brand and demolish it. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of very Lincoln design bits on board the C. The grille is classic Detroit goodness and that C pillar is plucked straight from the early ‘60s Continentals. Then there’s everything in between, which doesn’t amount to much. Suicide rear doors? Awesome. Box-like interior and a snub nose? Thanks, but no. I’m not against green Lincolns by any means, I just think they should command the kind of attention befitting a luxury company. Unfortunately, the C doesn’t do  it for me. [Photos by Dave Everest]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

AUTOhut. Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved