2/17/09

2009 Montreal Auto Show - Pictures & Review


2009 montreal auto show

Well its that time of year again…time for Montreal to roll out its red carpet for all the auto manufacturers to show off what they got at the 2009 Montreal Auto Show Pictures… oh wait rewind… did I say red carpet… sorry let me rephrase that, it was more like a 7 year old rag that you could find under the sink in your garage. Ive attended the Montreal Auto Show’s (Montreal Salon de L`auto) for the past 5 years with the same results every year, It’s unfortunately become a lackluster show.

2009 montreal auto show lambo

2009 montreal auto show building

This year in particular, the 41st edition (if were gonna get technical), was by far the most un-fulfilling show except for the fact I was able to sit in an Audi R8 and Nissan GT-R… I first arrived around 9am to pick up my press pass, the ushers at the door signaled me to go over to a booth near the back of the 2nd floor. I walk in and there is a lady sitting at a desk. I politely say,”Hi, my name is Joshua McRae representing Carzi.com“, she bluntly looks at me and says “I’ve never heard of that before…” I immediately start to get that nervous feeling because something similar to this happened to me 2 years ago when I was shooting for another website. Anyways, long story short they made me wait around for 45 minutes so that the supervisor of the booth can get off the phone and come and speak with me.

bmw-m3

Turns out, the Ushers sent me to the WRONG BOOTH!!! I finally got my pass and headed towards the main floor which showcased: Audi, Ford, Jaguar, BMW, and Volvo. Right away I notice that they were STILL setting up the venue; moving cars around and not finished nailing the carpet down to the ground… Unfortunately I kinda expected this much from the MTL Salon de L`auto 2009…

2009 maserati gran turismo s

Regardless of all the other BS that surrounded the show, the cars in question that I shot were nothing but amazing. A few highs included the premiere of the Infiniti G37 S Cabriolet, which in person looks mad sexy as well as I saw for the first time a production model Camaro SS as well as the new Maserati Gran Turismo S. The fact that they left all the doors unlocked on the Audi`s was a bonus since that included the Audi R8. (who wouldn’t wanna to take a sweet 5 min sit down in one of those!!!

img_1339img_1309img_1145

Summing things up, regardless of the typical un-preparedness during Press Day, the cars made up for it and I have Anthony Carbone to thank for getting me the press pass!!! cheers cheers in the new years everyone!

2009 montreal auto show audi r8

bmw-m3-2

[Source: Rush 109, MadWhips.com]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

AUTOhut. Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved