5/8/09

Why Bentley needs an engine from a Q7


Been driving the ridiculous Audi Q7 V12 TDI.

WEBQ7-fpan-wWhat a complete monster. Although I know I shouldn’t, I have to say I found it quite enjoyable.

With 737lb ft of torque on tap from 1750rpm I was expecting it to be quick. What I wasn’t prepared for was how smooth, quiet and progressive the V12 is.

Sufficiently so that I reckon it could be worthy of another home. Bentley Continental V12 TDI anyone? I think the immediate assured power delivery would be a good match for the Bentley character, and with a bit of work could easily be sufficiently refined.

And although the 25mpg the Q7 gets isn’t exactly economical it is better than 17mpg the Conti gets at the moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

AUTOhut. Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved